Links Related to This Interview
Find Steve Kaufmann Online
- The Linguist (Steve Kaufmann’s Website)
- LingoSteve on YouTube
- Steve Kaufmann on Twitter
- Steve Kaufmann on Facebook
Things We Talked About
- How to Watch German Videos for the BEST Language Learning Results
- How to Read in German for the Best Language Learning Results
- Language Proficiency of Graduates from New Brunswick
- Forcing students to learn languages in school is a waste of time and money
- Listen to German Music
- Comprehensible & Compelling Input The Case for Comprehensible Input
- Comprehensible and Compelling: The Causes and Effects of Free Voluntary Reading by Stephen Krashen
- The Power of Reading: Insights from the Research by Stephen Krashen
- Circling Questions in TPRS Classrooms
- Learning a Language by Frequency
- Learn reflexive pronouns through this comprehensible and compelling input video example from Herr Antrim
- TestDaF Prep Materials
Books We Mentioned
- Angelika Bohn’s “Einfach Deutsch lesen” Series
- All of Herr Antrim’s Book Recommendations (Not an Amazon link)
- Assorted Stories by Balzac in French
- War and Peace by Tolstoy in Russian
- Lernen: Gehirnforschung und die Schule des Lebens by Manfred Spitzer
- Die Deutschen
- Twenty Lectures on Chinese Culture
- The link to LingQ is an affiliate link. It doesn’t cost you any more, but if you upgrade, I get a cut of the profit. If you don’t want to use my link, just google it.
- Amazon links are also affiliate links. Again, it doesn’t cost you more, it just helps me out by giving me a cut of the profit from any sales gained after you click my link.
- I was not compensated in any way for this interview. I was not paid by LingQ or Steve Kaufmann, nor did I pay them for anything. This was simply a collaboration between two YouTubers who love learning and teaching languages. If I gain a few subscribers or get a few clicks on some affiliate marketing or he gets a few more customers to join LingQ, it is a happy little accident. RIP Bob Ross.
More Interviews with Herr Antrim
This post is one of several interviews Herr Antrim has conducted over the past few months. You can see the other interviews listed below.
- Why is St. Louis, Missouri so German?: An Interview with the German American Committee of St. Louis
- Quit Your Job, Travel the World & Move to Germany: An Interview with Passport Two
- Why You Didn’t Learn German in School: An Interview with Steve Kaufmann
- What is a German Saturday School? How can you find one near you?
- What is a Stammtisch & How Can You Use It to Improve Your German Skills?